During this current health crisis, babies are still being born and more families may need the support of a Lactation Consultant. As a Registered Nurse and IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) I routinely work with babies in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) and the Newborn Nursery. These babies are fragile and I take my responsibility to protect their health and your families' health very seriously. These are the precautions I take. Excepting the added pre-screen questionnaire, these are the same precautions I take on a regular basis.
Prior to your consult:
1. I screen all clients and their family for signs of an illness via a questionnaire prior to the consult. I offer a Telehealth consult for those who report symptoms and still desire a consult.
2. I will notify you of any illness in myself or my family and cancel the consult. I will either reschedule or assist you to find another IBCLC in a timely manner
3. I thoroughly clean all my supplies with approved disinfectants, including my iphone/ipad and pen before and after each consult
During your consult:
1. I wash my hands with soap and water thoroughly for a minimum of 20 seconds and use clean paper towels to dry them
2. I sanitize my scale with an approved disinfectant and use one of your receiving blankets on my scale for weight measurements
3. I use disposable gloves when examining your baby's mouth and any time I touch you
I am now proud to offer Telehealth Consults through a HIPAA compliant Secure Video
I continue to enjoy my passion for supporting families on their breastfeeding and lactation journeys!