Getting to the Office
1200 High Ridge Road in Stamford, CT
What to expect at an Office Lactation Consultation:
- A thorough health history of the mother and baby and prior breastfeeding/lactation experiences.
- I will evaluate the breastfeeding relationship and address your concerns and questions. Education related to breastfeeding and handling breastfeeding challenges will be covered.
- A breastfeeding specific exam of lactating parent and assessment of the baby/babies is included.
- A pre-breastfeeding weight of your baby and a post-breastfeeding weight are included to evaluate adequate transfer of breast milk.
- An observation of a complete breastfeeding session.
- A breastfeeding care plan will be developed with your input and goals.
- If applicable, a bottle feeding session will be evaluated with recommendations for improved bottle skills.
- A written summary of my evaluation and care plan is provided with written recommendations.
- Collaboration with health care providers involved in your care.
What to bring!
- Bring your baby
- Bring your pump and all it's parts & power cable
- Bring a full bottle of pumped milk or formula if you have been having difficulty nursing
- There is room for a stroller in my office (use handicap entrance on the right side of the building)
- I have regular pillows and boppy pillow for your use
- If you plan to breastfeed at the visit, please don't feed your baby 1 1/2 hr to 2 hours before your appointment.
If your baby is hungry as you are about to leave home, breastfeed briefly or give a small amount of milk so that your baby is not too unsettled.
"Cathy was incredibly helpful to us and I can't recommend her enough! She was so kind and spent a lot of time with us to assess what was happening with our son. We have had a number of breastfeeding issues, and I was feeling very overwhelmed by it all. After our session, I walked away with some immediate things to look into and felt pointed in the right direction. I also felt like I had a renewed hope and confidence. I would recommend her to anyone looking for lactation help."~Caley
The office is located at 1200 High Ridge Road in Stamford, CT
Humanly Suite, 2nd floor
The office is conveniently located right off the Merritt Parkway
There is a handicap accessible entrance available
Plenty of parking available in any unmarked spot